VII International Conference "Atomic and Molecular Pulsed Lasers"
September 12-16, 2005, Tomsk, Russia
Second AnnouncementDear colleagues,
Preparation for the Conference "Atomic and Molecular Pulsed Lasers - AMPL" that will be held in September 12 - 16 in Tomsk (Russia), is continuing. The AMPL conference is a traditional scientific forum held biennially in Tomsk Academic campus. The Conference is aimed at wide exchange of opinions between scientists from Russia and foreign countries on physical processes in active media of pulsed lasers, new active media and pumping methods. The Conference subject-matter also covers different areas of laser applications and novel optical technologies.
The scientific program of the Conference includes the following sessions:
- gas and plasma lasers (session A);
- metal vapor lasers (session B);
- dye lasers and photoprocesses in complex organic molecules (session C);
- physical processes in gas lasers (session D);
- laser systems and their applications (session E);
- non-coherent UV and VUV-radiation sources (session F);
- conversion of laser radiation, optoelectronic devices (session G);
- new laser and optical technologies (session H).
The conference program includes:
- Invited lectures (20-30 min);
- Oral presentations (15-20 min);
- Poster sessions;
- "round table", devoted to new laser applications;
- its to the research institutes of Tomsk Scientific Center;
- k sightseeing tour and excursions to Tomsk Universities.
The Conference provides for listening to the invited and oral presentations and work of poster sessions. Abstracts and Conference Program will be placed on the Conference web-site and edited in printed version. The Conference proceedings are supposed to be published in the subject editions of Proceedings of SPIE (for author guidelines, forms, and templates, go to: http://spie.org/app/Publications/index.cfm?fuseaction=proman&type=proceedings).Participation in the Conference.
For participation in the Conference you are kindly requested to submit the filled-in Registration form and abstracts of the papers in the electronic form (Word for Windows) to the Organizing Committee.
The Registration form must contain:
- The list of authors (with the speaker's name and surname on the first place);
- Affiliations, mailing address, e-mail, fax and phone numbers;
- Title of the paper;
- Session and presentation form (oral/poster);
- Hotel accommodation;
- Visa support (needed or not).
If you need visa support, please feel in the following form. In view of toughening of the security measures, time for execution of Invitation letter and visa became longer. Therefore all foreign participants of the AMPL-2005 Conference are kindly requested to submit the filled-in forms up to May 01, 2005.
The abstract must include:
- Title of the paper;
- The list of authors (with the speaker's name underlined);
- Brief summery of the paper in English (maximum 200 words).
The deadline for submitting papers is March 31, 2005.
The abstracts and Registration forms can be sent on the floppy disk to the mailing address of the Organizing committee, or by e-mail.
The Conference fee:
- For participants - 200 Euro
- For students and PhD students - 50 Euro
- For accompanying persons - 50 Euro
The Conference Participants are supposed to be accommodated at Hotel "Rubin" (Academic Campus).
For room reservation please provide a note in your registration form, or you may book a room yourself going to Internet site of the hotel, or by e-mail of the hotel: email@example.com.
For detailed information on the most convenient way to get to Tomsk, please do not hesitate to contact the Organizing Committee. You can make reservation of flight tickets and get information about airfares on the web-sites of Siberia Airlines and Aeroflot.
The official language of the Conference is English. All demonstrative materials should be provided in English. For oral presentation in Russian the time for translation is included in the presentation time.
For lectures and oral presentation a projection device (so-called overhead) and a note-book (MS Windows XP, MS Office XP) with a multimedia projector are provided. For poster presentations the area of 1m2 is available (1 page of A1 format). If any supplementary apparatus or software is required, please inform the Organizing Committee beforehand.
The Organizing committee address:
Institute of Atmospheric Optics SB RAS,
1, Akademicheskiy Ave, Tomsk, 634055, Russia
The "Atomic and Molecular Pulsed Lasers" Conference secretary Anton Klimkin
Phone: +7 (382-2) 49-15-26; fax: +7 (382-2) 49-20-86
Looking forward to see you in Tomsk among the participants of the Conference!