XIV International Conference on pulsed lasers and laser applications – AMPL-2019
September 15-20, 2019, Tomsk
Second AnnouncementDear colleagues,
Arrangements for the next International Conference on pulsed lasers and their applications AMPL-2019 (Atomic and Molecular Pulsed Lasers) are going on. The AMPL Conference, which is held in Tomsk biennially, is the greatest scientific forum on this subject in the Commonwealth of Independent States. This year the 14th AMPL Conference will last from the 15th to the 20th of September 2019.
The Conference is supported by:
- The Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russian Federation
- Russian Academy of Sciences
- Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Laser Association
- «TOPAZ» Research and Inculcation Enterprise
- Atmospheric and Oceanic Optics journal, Media-Sponsor
- Photonics Journal, Media-Sponsor
- "Tomskiy obzor" Internet-project, Media-Sponsor
Principal goals of the Conference are both exchange of up-to-date knowledge and connecting of fundamental and applied science. Therefore within the Conference peculiar attention will be paid to laser applications in different areas of science and engineering (ecology, medicine, industry, fight against terrorism, research activities, etc.), discussion of problems of laser-based apparatus development, new optical technologies, as well as to exchange of practical experience on application of the achievements of science to production and project commercialization. The AMPL Conference is a traditional place of meeting of potential partners, optical devices manufacturers, customers and executors of research efforts and experimental development.
The Conference scientific program offers the following sessions:
- gas and plasma lasers, metal vapor lasers (session A) – coordinators A. Soldatov & A. Razhev
- photonics of optical materials, optoelectronics (session B) – coordinators T. Kopylova & O. Tchaykovskaya
- femtosecond laser systems (session C) – coordinators A. Zemlyanov & V. Losev
- laser systems, and new laser and optical technologies, laser applications (session D) – coordinators G. Evtushenko & M. Levitskiy
- non-coherent UV and VUV-radiation sources (session E) – coordinators E. Sosnin & M. Lomaev
- conversion of laser radiation, optoelectronic devices, nonlinear optics (session F) – coordinators Yu. Andreev & V. Svetlichniy
- biofotonics (session G) – coordinators Yu. Kistenyov & A. Kabanov
- gas discharges for lasers and non-coherent radiation sources (session H) - coordinator V. Tarasenko
- round table discussions «Carbon materials in quantum electronics, photonics, optoelectronics» (session I) – coordinator E. Lipatov.
The Conference program provides for listening to the invited and oral presentations and work of poster sessions. Abstracts of the papers and Conference Program will be placed on the Conference web-site and edited in printing.
The School for young scientists (younger than 35 years), students and postgrads (AMPL-School) and a competition for them will be held. A competition will take place within the session Y (coordinators D. Genin and M. Trigub) in two categories: for participants with the scientific degree and without it.
The Conference proceedings will be issued in a subject editions of Atmospheric and Oceanic Optics and, probably, Proceedings of SPIE (this possibility is being discussed now, the probability of positive decision is high). Author guidelines are available at the web-sites of these editions.
Conference participants will have an opportunity to visit research institutes and universities of Tomsk city as well as to make a Tomsk sightseeing tour.
For participation in the Conference you are kindly requested to submit the filled-in Registration form and abstracts of the papers in the electronic form (RTF format) to the Organizing Committee.
The Registration form should contain:
- List of authors (speaker’s name and surname on the first place).
- Affiliation, mailing address, e-mail, fax and phone numbers.
- Title of paper.
- Session and presentation form (oral/poster).
- Hotel accommodation.
- Visa support (needed or not).
Now online Registration for the Conference is also available on the Conference web-site, please submit you applications and abstracts. For online registration please follow the “Rules of online registration and paper submission”.
Abstract of a paper must include:
- Title of paper.
- List of authors (with speaker’s name underlined).
- Brief summary of paper in English (maximum 200 words).
If you need Visa support, you are kindly requested to fill in a special form. The filled Visa support forms should be supplied up to April 30, 2019.
Abstracts of your papers, Application and Visa support forms may be forwarded to the Organizing Committee by e-mail.
The deadline for submitting papers is April 14, 2019
The official language of the Conference is English. All demonstrative materials should be provided in English.
For lectures and oral presentation a projection device (so-called overhead) and a laptop (MS Office XP) with a multimedia projector are provided. For poster presentations the area of 1 m2 is available (1 page of A0 format). If any supplementary apparatus or software is required, please inform the Organizing Committee beforehand.
The Conference Participants are supposed to be accommodated at Hotel “Rubin” (Academic Campus). Please book beforehand.
The Organizing Committee is able to render assistance in choosing an optimal route to Tomsk. Up-to-date information on air fares of Aeroflot, Ural Airlines and S7 Airlines companies are available at their web-sites.
The Conference fee:
For participants – 200 €
For students and PhD students – 100 €
For accompanying persons – 100 €
Publication in Proceedings of SPIE – 70 €
The Conference fee covers manuscripts, participation in all sessions, excursions, Welcome Party and Banquet. In case of cashless payment you are kindly requested to contact the Organizing Committee before June 1, 2017 at latest for document preparation. Please note, that Registration fee in cash should be paid in rubles according to rate of exchange of the Central Bank of Russian Federation on the maturity date .
Note! International Conference "Gas Discharge Plasmas and Their Applications" (GDP 2019) will be held simultaneously with our Conference. The participants of GDP-2019 have the right to take part in AMPL-2019 as listeners (without making invited/oral/poster presentation) for free. The participants of GDP-2019 who make presentation at our Conference have to pay the Conference fee.
The Organizing committee address:
Internet: http://symp.iao.ru, “Atomic and Molecular Pulsed Lasers” section.
Group in Fasebook: AMPL.Conference
Institute of Atmospheric Optics SB RAS,
1 Zuev square, Tomsk, 634055, Russia
Phone: 7-(382-2)-49-15-26; fax: 7-(382-2)-49-20-86